Firecracker Shrimp and Cilantro Mayo
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 24 fresh or frozen medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail-on (about 1 lb. total)
- 20 Carr's® Table Water® Crackers
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. In blender container or food processor bowl process cilantro, mayonaise and lime juice until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Finely crush crackers.
3. In small shallow dish place flour. In another shallow dish whisk together egg and milk. In third shallow dish combine cracker crumbs, cayenne pepper, crushed pepper and onion salt.
4. Roll shrimp in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg. Coat with cracker mixture.
5. In heavy saucepan or Dutch oven heat 2-inches of oil to 360°F. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, in hot oil about 3 minutes or until golden brown and shrimp are opaque. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in 300°F oven while frying remaining shrimp.
6. Serve shrimp with mayonnaise mixture. Garnish as desired.