Mediterranean White Bean Soup
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz.) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Carr's® Table Water® Crackers
1. In Dutch oven cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic to drippings. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender. Drain off any fat.
2. Stir in broth and beans. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in bacon, tomatoes and thyme. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers.